Post new topic   Reply to topic    Big Red One Forum Index -> Star Wars the Old Republic
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
OGLucaz
Officer

re: Meeting About SWtoR

Danog wrote:
We have been looking at a new forum website for the SWTOR crowd that would include mumble in the monthly subscription fee. It would be approx. $25 a month and that would be the website along with the Mumble.

The one we were looking at was www.enjin.com, but please if you see a good guild website, figure out what host they are using and post back with the info, any thoughts on the subject would be appreciated.

Just to update you on this we have registered a new domain (www.br1clan.com) and after evaluating options/cost/aesthetics for a few hours last night have decided to try http://www.guildhosting.org/ for our star wars site Happy we are going to hit the ground running when this game comes out!

My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Booda V

Lol! Nice timing on that last post Apoc.

We went ahead and got a forum at guildhosting.org, it should be up in the next few days.

Emptyclip11
Guild Master

I'm trying to set up a date/time that will work for most members possible, does Saturday, Dec. 10th @ 9:00 PM EST/8 CST/7 MST/6 PST work for more people?
OGLucaz
Officer

works for me..

Booda V

I'm pretty sure the 10th will work for me.

More EA forum horseshit. http://www.destructoid.com/ea-will-ban-you-from-games-if-someone-else-swears-at-you-217219.phtml

Booda V wrote:
I also agree that we need to start looking for a website other than the SWTOR forums. I've heard horror stories of people posting on EA official forums, pissing EA off & then getting locked out of their Origin accounts. And by locked out I mean they were not able to play the games that they had paid for.

Already done :D :D

we need to work on the layout of the site and then we can have you create your accounts over there.

ap0c

Emptyclip11
Guild Master

I checked out the new site and registered. Its pretty sweet.
OGLucaz
Officer

Emptyclip11 wrote:
I checked out the new site and registered. Its pretty sweet.

having problems with activations...I may need to remove your access temporarily.

Danog
Officer

I set Apoc and MT as managers. Their can only be one "admin" but I think it has the same access with the exception of billing. We need someone familiar with the back end Joomla, any takers?

If you haven't done so already please goto www.br1clan.com and register, we will be working on content in the meantime.

OGLucaz
Officer

Danog wrote:
I set Apoc and MT as managers. Their can only be one "admin" but I think it has the same access with the exception of billing. We need someone familiar with the back end Joomla, any takers?

If you haven't done so already please goto www.br1clan.com and register, we will be working on content in the meantime.

check your FB!!!

La5eRD

Ive got no life anyways, so Ill be there you can count on that.

Things to think about before-hand:

Method of communication that is more real-time that everyone can enjoy:
Internet Relay Chat channel
Why? It is less intrusive than vent because it is a chat application/protocol that doesnt have sounds related to it and is more real-time than forums. Also, its a good place to be if you dont feel like playing or logging on and only want to chat.

Recruitment 2cents:
This will NEED to be done and is imperative that it is done.
Why? Without it, I am afraid even the 15 or so people signed up as tentative to play wont cut it when it comes to forming a solid group for content that requires large groups.

Splitting from the CA?
From what I have heard, the groups that have formed are going to be placed on servers that fit the groups desires during launch and you cannot choose your own server. Will this mean that the CA will no longer be an influence? If so, perhaps putting the code-gurus together that are members of BR1 to make a "karma" based system is in order?

Hardcore or casual:
Do I even need to touch this topic with a 10 foot pole? You all know my take. I dont want bonzai trimmers out. Esp if I am going to be throwing down some USD every month.

Guild structure:
Obviously this is an issue as some WOW players that hold certain office positions wont be transitioning. Whats going to be done to solve this issue?

Small stuff:
Grouping for quests and what not. 5 W's and the H please?
(Who What Where When Why How)
Resource management. Well rounded professions guild-wide or Free-For-All WYSIWYG?
Taking people seriously. This has been a major issue with those whom I have talked to in the past. Lets hope these ppl are more vocal about it and then guild-members reciprocating in a positive manner. This is a new frontier for BR1 lets not sweep things under the rug. You know who you are, I got your back.

Other small things might come to mind but these are all on the docket for what I would like presented. Lets get it done.
Dazurel

Gonna post on here since I don't have the other stuff set up yet.

For one, did I see something about Joomla? I actually know that stuff, or did almost a year ago .

Ummm... ya. I should set up something at the new site.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Hambone_57

What's going on in SW land? Are you guys liking it?
Saphrandre
Legacy

Hammy, you may want to repost your comment on the new SW site: br1clan.com Happy

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: